LIFE Church seeks to fill a position of Youth Pastor.
This person will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Youth Ministry encompassing levels from K-12, primarily responsible for Junior and Senior High programs (7-12), College Students, with secondary responsibilities regarding the K-6 programs.
The Youth Pastor must have a love for God, a love for teenagers, and a pastoral heart. The Youth Pastor must be an energetic, relational, highly motivated person with a deep foundation in scripture and a love for Christ, a pastoral heart with a passion to see youth grow in their relationship with Christ.
In addition, the following are required:
-Ensure that the Youth Ministry and College Ministry is functioning in an effective and focused manner
-Willing to recruit, train, and mobilize a ministry team of adults for the Youth Ministry
-Work with the Youth Ministry to achieve the collectively articulated goals of the ministry
-Follow through with the volunteer screening process to ensure a competent and qualified body of volunteer adults
-Submit an annual budget, objectives, events and yearly achievements
-Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated towards the Youth Ministry
-Oversee fundraising efforts for Youth Ministry trips and events
-Develop comprehensive, well-balanced biblical instruction and programming for growth opportunities
-Assume the role as primary teacher/preacher and provide teaching opportunities to other qualified adults
-Recruit, train, and provide study/teaching materials for Sunday School teachers on the Junior and Senior High level and College level
-Provide periodic retreat opportunities for both Junior and Senior High
-Ensure that competent adult leadership is available, not only to supervise, but to build relationships at all youth events.
-Develop a program(s) designed to equip Junior , Senior High and College students and adult volunteers to do the work of outreach
-Provide opportunities for the training and disciplining of youth leaders
-Stay connected with the leaders in each ministry area (Sunday School, Children Church, Nursery, and Vacation Bible School) serving as a resource and support person.
-Ensure administrative policies, such as the volunteer screening and application process, including background checks, commission budget, etc., are followed within all children’s programs.
-Lend teaching gifts in above ministries as opportunities and needs arise
• Participate in staff meetings
• Keep Senior Pastor and appropriate staff abreast of emergent situations
• Participate in membership classes as necessary
• Consistent visibility in Sunday morning and Wednesday evening service
• Adhere to general pastoral responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
• A bachelor’s degree, or currently in college
• Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the LIFE Church
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
• Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
• Sunday School Classes (3 age appropriate classes)
•Sunday Morning Youth Church
• Sunday Morning Children’s Church
• Wednesday Night Youth Bible Study and College Outreach
If you are interested please send your resume and other information to:
email@example.com. Please include “Youth Leader Search” in the subject line of your email.